Quick Fact:This is a bed that’s meant to work without a headboard but you’ll find that the solid white oak frame is perfectly comfortable without one.
1. Mattress weight is nearly perfectly distributed on this frame 2. Minimalism is the message here 3. All pieces are shipped in clear, vacuum-sealed packages making it easy to see what’s what
1. Construction is a bit more complex than we’d like – however, you can still do it yourself 2. The slats on the bed are a pain to slot into place 3. The slats might be prone to warping or bending in the future
Quick Fact:Tuft & Needle was founded by a software engineer who’d been frustrated by a terrible mattress buying experience – their customer service is thus, a touch above the rest. It’s no surprise it made the list of our best modern bed frames.
1. Very easy to clean, just a use a damp and non-abrasive cloth and wipe dry 2. 100 nights of sleep trial – don’t like it? Send it back. 3. Excellent customer support.
1. Not scratch-resistant, so not the best around pets and children 2. Failure to follow, admittedly clear, assembly instructions voids the warranty 3. The Mint fit Tuft & Needle mattress fits awkwardly in this frame
Quick Fact:If you’re hopeless at DIY this is the bed for you – it requires no tools at all to put together and it’s really easy to assemble and to take to pieces again later.
1. Very cost-effective 2. The packaging and assembly are brilliant 3. Super fun to build, it’s almost like playing Jenga but with a bed!
1. The headboard foam is a bit, meh, we’d like something more substantial 2. Also, the headboard must be propped against a wall which limits bed placement 3. Very bare and simple, maybe too simple for some tastes
Slick Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.