The best mini fridges keep things as cool as they need to be, fit in the space where you want to keep them and they stay quiet about it. Seriously, who needs a noisy fridge?
So, let’s take a look at 6 mini fridges that are every bit as cool as a robot vacuum cleaner and twice as quiet.
Best Mini Fridges
RCA 3.2 Cu Ft Single Door Mini Fridge
You can choose your color and you get plenty of space inside this economic-to-run mini fridge.
Arctic King 3.2 Cu ft Two Door Mini Fridge with Freezer
TOP RATED CHOICE
When one door won’t cut it, you need with a two-door mini fridge!
Insignia™ – 2.6 Cu. Ft. Mini Fridge – Black
BEST VALUE CHOICE
A great value mini fridge but sadly one without any kind of freezer compartment.
RCA RFR322-B 3.2 Cu Ft Single Door Mini Fridge
What makes the RCA RFR322-B Mini Fridge our favorite mini fridge of them all?
Well, one thing that we were really keen on is that it comes in a range of 7 different colors, you don’t have to go with the classic steel finish, unless you really want to.
We also really liked that you can customize the interior a little because the glass shelves can be adjusted. The reversible door is a nice touch as well.
Quick Fact: The door on this mini-fridge offers a rolling soda rack specifically designed for cans of soda to be stacked easily and take up less space than they might otherwise.
1. Comes in range of funky colors to stand out from the crowd
2. There is 3.2 cubic feet of storage – that’s big enough without being too big
3. The full-width ice box means you can keep ice cream on hand
1. Some of the color options cost a lot more than others – which is just odd
2. The freezer compartment of this compact fridge is fairly small
3. Some customers have reported receiving chipped or damaged items
Arctic King 3.2 Cu ft Two Door Mini Fridge with Freezer, Stainless Steel
This is a very popular mini fridge and we can see why! Not only does the Arctic King model offer you two doors rather than the usual one but it’s also very cost-effective at less than $200!
Of course, the second door hides a separate freezer compartment which is more generous than on many other mini-fridges. We love our freezer space!
Due to the impressive cubic feet there’s plenty of shelf space inside this compact refrigerator too so you won’t run out of room.
Quick Fact: The Arctic King mini fridge has been Energy Star Certified which means that it’s not going to cost you a fortune to keep it supplied with electricity.
1. It has a separate freezer compartment and two doors
2. It is spacious inside and keeps things cool as it’s meant to do
3. It is relatively cheap to run on a monthly/yearly basis
1. Refrigeration surface can hang very low to the ground if you place it on a floor
2. The black version of this product displays every fingerprint that touches it
3. A little noisier than the average mini fridge but still reasonably quiet
Insignia™ – 2.6 Cu. Ft. Mini Fridge – Black
The biggest selling point for the Insignia mini fridge is the incredible sub-$100 price tag.
That makes this a mini fridge that almost anyone can afford to install in their home and while it’s not the biggest fridge, there is enough space to fit your favorite 12 oz cans of pop or beer, snacks, etc. for a home office or den.
You can set the adjustable thermostat very easily to keep the exact temperature that you want. The reversible fridge door is handy.
Quick Fact: Unusually this fridge has 3 internal shelves (most mini fridges have 2) and this gives you a bit more flexibility than some other fridges can to stack your goodies inside. Lots of room for your favorite drinks.
1. It’s a super cheap fridge at less than $100
2. You can easily adjust the internal temperature
3. It has three shelves rather than two
1. There is no freezer compartment, so no ice cream, please
2. Many users complain of receiving a scratched product
3. It’s a little small inside – be sure it has enough space for your needs
Midea WHS-65LSS1, 1.6 Cu. Ft. Compact Refrigerator
Amazon’s customers seem to love the Midea WHS-65LSS1 and they have left over a thousand very positive reviews for it.
It’s worth noting, however, it’s not a fancy refrigerator but rather one that just sits there and does its job. Your food and drinks stay cold, all the time, with no fuss, but there are no special features or functions.
Quick Fact: The Midea mini fridge is equipped with some adjustable legs, so if it doesn’t fit exactly level on your floor or work surface, you can easily balance it.
1. This mini fridge is very quiet which is a nice touch
2. It works very well – you can rely on this refrigerator all the time
3. It can hold up to 24 bottles of water
1. It’s a little expensive compared to the competition
2. It has only 1.6 cubic feet of storage space enough for some – not enough for others
3. You need to defrost the freezer compartment regularly
Uber Appliance UB-CH1-RED
We should note that the professionals say you don’t need a makeup fridge but it is a very easy way to keep your skincare products at a constant, safe temperature.
If that’s the way you want to go the Uber Appliance is designed as a mini fridge with makeup in mind.
It’s bright and bold and ideal for placing on your home beauty station within easy reach.
Quick Fact: Not only is this makeup fridge very small and portable but you can plug it in to a car cigarette lighter as well as a household plug, this means you can use it when camping too!
1. Super cheap, you’re not going to complain about value for money
2. It’s completely portable – take it anywhere even camping
3. Cools the interior very well
1. A bit plasticky – it doesn’t feel like it’s built to last
2. It’s very small – you can get makeup in here or a few beers but not much more
3. Some users report random leaks but we couldn’t replicate this
Final Thoughts On Mini Fridges
One of the nicest things about the best mini fridges is that they are often designed for a very specific task, if, for example, you need a makeup fridge – as you can see, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get one.
That means you can get a much more bespoke experience out of a mini fridge than you do from a kitchen refrigerator and that, often, makes a mini-fridge more fun to choose, use and display even though they’re cheaper.
We hope you have fun choosing yours, we certainly had fun testing them.