Quick Fact: The app with this doorbell is super powerful and you can even customize the motion alerts that it generates, so that dog movement, for example, goes unnoticed.
1. The Ring Neighbors app allows you to share any suspicious activity with others easily 2. The doorbell is attractive to look at and it fits anywhere as it’s small and neat 3. Smart home support includes Alexa, Google and IFTTT
1. The Ring Neighbors app allows you to share any suspicious activity with others easily 2. The doorbell is attractive and it fits anywhere as it’s small and neat 3. Smart home support includes Alexa, Google and IFTTT
Quick Fact:The only thing holding this product back is that it doesn’t work with any standard smart home set up – no Alexa or Google support is available.
1. So easy to install that we wish that Maximus’ designers worked everywhere 2. The dual camera setup gives you more view of what’s going on than other systems 3. The built in Kuna app is a breeze to learn to use
1. Complete lack of support for other smart home systems – which is just bizarre 2. The cloud storage fee is a little on the steep side 3. The speaker is a bit quiet and the volume of the ring tone is a bit quiet too
Quick Fact:One thing we really liked about the Arlo model was the super reasonable costs of cloud storage which starts at just $3 a month! You can’t argue with that.
1. The cloud storage options is affordable and that encourages you to use it 2. You won’t struggle to install this model at all 3.The customizable alerts are very cool
1. If you don’t subscribe to the cloud plan it won’t work at all 2. You cannot add this to an older Arlo Pro base station which had free video recording 3. The app is not the most intuitive app that we’ve ever had to learn to use
Quick Fact:At only $30/year to keep up to 60 days of footage in the cloud, Ring’s cloud storage plan is not going to leave you bankrupt.
1. This is a budget model and the price tag is very attractive 2. The video quality is excellent and clear at 1080p 3. You can choose either wired or battery driven modes
1. The mounting plate didn’t fit square to our door frame, we needed to fill a little to get it to lay flat 2. Fewer features than other Ring doorbells 3. Only a 1 week free trial of the cloud app before you have to buy or say goodbye to data backups
Quick Fact:You can add extensions to the Ring Video Doorbell 3, the Ring Chime and Ring Chime Pro which allow you to extend the range of the doorbell chime and Wi-Fi.
1. The pre-roll feature is very useful for additional security 2. You can use this with nearly all smart home devices 3. You can operate it on both battery or mains power, providing plenty of flexibility for placement
1. The Doorbell 3 app is a bit limited compared to the top of the range offering 2. It has no package detection facility 3. You need to subscribe if you want access to some of the features
eufy Security eufyCam 2C Wireless Home Security Camera System
This Eufy doorbell kit would have got a higher rating if it had been supplied on its own, however, you need to buy the full security kit – which is great value but you might not need it, if you already have some of the components.
It is also a wired-only device with no option for powering it from a battery.
Slick Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.