Why would you need the best blue light glasses?
Well, many of us get out of bed in the morning when the sun hits the pillow from the blinds (or sometimes before the sun gets up at all) and then take a bicycle into work and then spend hours staring at a screen.
And it’s screen use and electric light that lead us to being exposed to too much blue light.
Some people don’t mind, it doesn’t bother them. But for some, blue light can make them tired, irritable, anxious or more and it makes sense to filter that out, when they can.
So, we found 6 pairs of glasses that will handle that for you, check them out.
Best Blue Light Glasses
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Reading/Gaming Glasses
The ideal blue light blocker for office work. Cool, comfortable and 90% effective.
Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses
TOP RATED CHOICE
If you want to dip your toe in the water of blue light blocking glasses, this pair is the ideal way to go.
Blue Light Filter Glasses PROSPEK
BEST VALUE CHOICE
Sometimes, you need a little more than light shielding, you need magnification too – PROSPEK delivers it.
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
The J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Glasses are designed with office workers in mind (and super dedicated gamers too – after all there are few people more exposed to blue light than people who play WoW 24 hours a day).
We really liked the fact that you can buy these in a range of styles too, it’s nice to be able to let your inner fashion victim loose on your glasses.
Quick Fact: The J+S Vision glasses are said to block 90% of all harmful blue light, which is about as good as it gets without distorting the color of everything else that you see.
1. They block 90% of all harmful blue light which is an excellent level of performance
2. You can wear these all day long as they are very comfortable and easy to adjust to your face
3. You can buy them in a range of styles – there’s something for everyone
1. There is a gentle color cast across the lenses, which may/may not be an issue
2. They’re fairly cheaply made, the plastic won’t withstand being sat on
3. You’ll need to clean the lenses regularly, they smudge quite easily
Gamma Ray Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The thing we like most about the Gamma Ray Light Blocking glasses is that they are very lightweight and while they too won’t let you sit on them, they’re made of reasonably durable plastic.
Long-term users of these glasses say that they’re absolutely excellent for reducing eye strain across the course of the day.
Quick Fact: The lenses in these glasses have been given an anti-reflection coating which can really be beneficial when you’re making a video call.
1. They’re very affordable – if you want an entry-level pair of blue light blocking glasses this is it
2. They’re super lightweight – you won’t notice them when you wear them for a long time
3. They can provide genuine relief for eye strain caused by tiredness
1. The frame is quite small, it may not be suited to those with larger craniums
2. When wearing them, you may notice that the screen you work on changes color slightly
3. There’s no adjustable bridge on them – they can slip off some facest
Blue Light Filter Glasses PROSPEK
When you need a magnifying boost for your vision, the blue light filter glasses from PROSPEK are an excellent choice.
They offer a wide-range of magnifying lens options (up to 3.00 which is very, very magnified, indeed – any higher needs specialist lenses) and they come in a range of styles and colors too, that means you can accessorize easily with these glasses.
Quick Fact: The lenses are designed not to leave the yellow/orange tint that is so common in cheaper blue light glasses, this makes them easier to get used to.
1. The unisex designs from PROSPEK look equally good on men and women
2. There are 8 layers of protective coating on the lenses
3. You have 90 days to return them, no questions asked, if they’re not ideal for you
1. Some users report that they feel dizzy after using these glasses, be careful
2. We found that the lens were particularly prone to scratching treat them gently
3. The anti-reflective property of these spectacles isn’t great
Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses
We didn’t test these, we gave them to our children both of whom spend a lot of time playing computer games and these blue light blockers from Cyxus are aimed at gamers.
There are 20 different styles and colors available and they come with a lifetime warranty, so even if you don’t game, you might want to check them out.
Quick Fact: They block UV radiation (including UV 400) as well as blue light which makes them much kinder on your eyes if you spend all day and night staring at a screen with Mario on it.
1. They are super cheap, you can afford to try these and not worry if you don’t like them
2. Kids will love them when they’re gaming as they extend gaming sessions and reduce fatigue
3. They get an amazing amount of positive reviews from happy customers
1. They are designed for people with a low-level of blue light sensitivity
2. They aren’t particularly strong (but then at this price, who thought they would be?)
3. They can be uncomfortable if they don’t fit your face
Uvex Skyper Blue Light Blocking Computer Glasses with SCT-Orange Lens
Another ultra-budget and, this time, super futuristic pair of blue light blocking glasses are the Uvex Skyper Blues with SCT-Orange lens.
Yes, they’re not hiding the fact that there’s an orange cast with these they’re leaning in and embracing it.
Quick Fact: The orange color might be slightly annoying but it blocks 98% of all blue light, which is a must if you’re very sensitive to it.
1. Blocks a lot of blue light – more than any other in our tests
2. They’re very low cost – perfect for test driving before investing in something more substantial
3. They’re surprisingly comfortable given the price
1. The orange cast makes yellow objects really, really yellow which can be off putting
2. They aren’t made for the largest of heads – even though they say “one size fits all”
3. The coating on the lens can wear if you keep them in a pocket
Peepers by PeeperSpecs
These glasses are aimed at the ladies market (not by us – we promise) and the frames are meant to be more flattering than some of the more “gamer oriented” products.
However, Peepers by PeeperSpecs are exceptionally kind on your eyes when you’re reading (say on your Nook or your Kindle) and keep eye strain to a minimum, so they make our list even though they’re “not for men”.
Quick Fact: Peepers say their lenses absorb 40% of all harmful UV light as well as most of the blue light that comes their way and this keeps you from getting headaches when reading.
1. They’re the best reading glasses with a blue-light filter that we tested
2. They’re reasonably priced and stylishly made
3. They have different magnification options from 1x to 3x
1. They’re only for women
2. They’re not for the smallest faces as they’re quite big
3. They’re quite heavy and can slip down the bridge of your nose
Final Thoughts On Blue Light Glasses
Not everyone needs to filter out blue light, but for those that do there our best blue light glasses.
They can help you feel better about yourself, reduce or eliminate headaches and tiredness and improve many other aspects of your mood and health too.
So, if you need these glasses we hope you found some on our list and that you start feeling awesome again as soon as they arrive!