Well, many of us get out of bed in the morning when the sun hits the pillow from the blinds (or sometimes before the sun gets up at all) and then take a bicycle into work and then spend hours staring at a screen.
And it’s screen use and electric light that lead us to being exposed to too much blue light.
Some people don’t mind, it doesn’t bother them. But for some, blue light can make them tired, irritable, anxious or more and it makes sense to filter that out, when they can.
So, we found 6 pairs of glasses that will handle that for you, check them out.
Best Blue Light Glasses
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Reading/Gaming Glasses
The ideal blue light blocker for office work. Cool, comfortable and 90% effective.
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
The J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Glasses are designed with office workers in mind (and super dedicated gamers too – after all there are few people more exposed to blue light than people who play WoW 24 hours a day).
We really liked the fact that you can buy these in a range of styles too, it’s nice to be able to let your inner fashion victim loose on your glasses.
Quick Fact: The J+S Vision glasses are said to block 90% of all harmful blue light, which is about as good as it gets without distorting the color of everything else that you see.
1. They block 90% of all harmful blue light which is an excellent level of performance 2. You can wear these all day long as they are very comfortable and easy to adjust to your face 3. You can buy them in a range of styles – there’s something for everyone
1. There is a gentle color cast across the lenses, which may/may not be an issue 2. They’re fairly cheaply made, the plastic won’t withstand being sat on 3. You’ll need to clean the lenses regularly, they smudge quite easily
Quick Fact:The lenses in these glasses have been given an anti-reflection coating which can really be beneficial when you’re making a video call.
1. They’re very affordable – if you want an entry-level pair of blue light blocking glasses this is it 2. They’re super lightweight – you won’t notice them when you wear them for a long time 3. They can provide genuine relief for eye strain caused by tiredness
1. The frame is quite small, it may not be suited to those with larger craniums 2. When wearing them, you may notice that the screen you work on changes color slightly 3. There’s no adjustable bridge on them – they can slip off some facest
When you need a magnifying boost for your vision, the blue light filter glasses from PROSPEK are an excellent choice.
They offer a wide-range of magnifying lens options (up to 3.00 which is very, very magnified, indeed – any higher needs specialist lenses) and they come in a range of styles and colors too, that means you can accessorize easily with these glasses.
Quick Fact:The lenses are designed not to leave the yellow/orange tint that is so common in cheaper blue light glasses, this makes them easier to get used to.
1. The unisex designs from PROSPEK look equally good on men and women 2. There are 8 layers of protective coating on the lenses 3. You have 90 days to return them, no questions asked, if they’re not ideal for you
1. Some users report that they feel dizzy after using these glasses, be careful 2. We found that the lens were particularly prone to scratching treat them gently 3. The anti-reflective property of these spectacles isn’t great
Quick Fact:They block UV radiation (including UV 400) as well as blue light which makes them much kinder on your eyes if you spend all day and night staring at a screen with Mario on it.
1. They are super cheap, you can afford to try these and not worry if you don’t like them 2. Kids will love them when they’re gaming as they extend gaming sessions and reduce fatigue 3. They get an amazing amount of positive reviews from happy customers
1. They are designed for people with a low-level of blue light sensitivity 2. They aren’t particularly strong (but then at this price, who thought they would be?) 3. They can be uncomfortable if they don’t fit your face
Quick Fact:The orange color might be slightly annoying but it blocks 98% of all blue light, which is a must if you’re very sensitive to it.
1. Blocks a lot of blue light – more than any other in our tests 2. They’re very low cost – perfect for test driving before investing in something more substantial 3. They’re surprisingly comfortable given the price
1. The orange cast makes yellow objects really, really yellow which can be off putting 2. They aren’t made for the largest of heads – even though they say “one size fits all” 3. The coating on the lens can wear if you keep them in a pocket
These glasses are aimed at the ladies market (not by us – we promise) and the frames are meant to be more flattering than some of the more “gamer oriented” products.
However, Peepers by PeeperSpecs are exceptionally kind on your eyes when you’re reading (say on your Nook or your Kindle) and keep eye strain to a minimum, so they make our list even though they’re “not for men”.
Slick Living is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.