In 2019, a paper published in Nature showed that the sight of green, natural environments significantly reduces stress levels in human beings.
In today’s America, nearly 70% of people report dealing with high levels of stress at some point in a year and nearly a third of us say they feel like this daily!
Now, you don’t want to add to your stress by taking on plant care as part of your busy day but you can benefit from the stress relieving properties of nature by investing in artificial trees to decorate your indoor spaces.
All of our best artificial trees are designed to be easy to care for (wipe them clean occasionally) and to provide those stress relieving benefits that we all need.
Our Best Artificial Trees For Indoors
Nearly Natural Ficus Silk Artificial Tree
The Ficus Tree or Weeping Fig is a very popular potted plant that needs a lot of sun and regular watering, plus regular care to ward off infestation.
The Nearly Natural Ficus Silk Artificial Tree is barely distinguishable from the real thing and requires no such looking after.
Quick Fact: There are more than 1,000 leaves on this artificial tree and each of them is unique! This makes it really stand out from some of its cheaper competitors.
1. Looks great and is hard to tell from the real thing
2. Individual leaves are a great feature that really add value
3. The branches have been twined to help that authentic feel
1. Can shed leaves, like a real plant but unlike a real plant, they don’t grow back
2. There is a noticeable odor when the tree is unboxed, clean it down to get rid of it
3. You will need to repot this tree as it doesn’t balance very well in the supplied one
Lackingone Artificial Ginkgo Biloba Tree
Now, there are real advantages to growing your own Ginkgo Biloba tree as there are medicinal properties to the plant, but it also grows up to 80 feet tall!
That’s a bit more than most of us can fit in our homes and that’s why we like the Lackingone Artificial Ginkgo Biloba Tree as it’s fixed at 4 feet tall.
Quick Fact: The base of this tree is made out of cement which makes it very well balanced and if you have kids or pets, they’re going to have to work hard to knock it over.
1. The 300 individual leaves are a nice touch that keeps it looking real
2. The internal structure is wire, and should last for years
3. Easy to clean, just use a damp cloth
1. Needs reshaping when it comes out of the box or it looks bad
2. We’re not sure how they’re measuring the height of these trees, but we think they’re a little short
3. The packaging isn’t great
Vintage Home Green Emerald Artificial Faux Banana Tree with Fiberstone Planter
If money’s no object then this Banana Tree from Vintage Home is absolutely amazing, it’s the most realistic artificial indoor tree that we’ve ever seen.
In fact, it’s also hardy enough to be used outdoors too.
Quick Fact: This is the sturdiest tree in our tests, it weighs nearly 40 lbs. so don’t try and move
1. Incredible levels of realism
2. Built to last forever
3. Super easy to clean
1. Very expensive for an artificial tree
2. Quite heavy, take care when moving it about
3. At this price, we’d like some choice in the color of the supplied pot
Vintage Home Decor Green Emerald Artificial Faux Palm Tree
If your budget won’t stretch to the banana tree, then this palm tree is a superb choice, and another very elegant creation from Vintage Home.
We particularly liked the elegant planter that was supplied with it.
Quick Fact: At 76” tall, this indoor tree needs quite a bit of space and you’ll want to think carefully about where you’re going to put it before you order it.
1. Very elegant artificial palm capable of providing shade in a sunny room
2. Looks very realistic
3. Balances very well in the supplied pot
1. A bit expensive but great value for money
2. Quite heavy at 32.2 lbs.
3. Larger than some of the other indoor trees
3 Feet Olive Artificial Tree In White Planter With Metal Stand
This artificial tree from Nearly Natural is a gorgeous Olive tree which is built for displaying as the centerpiece in a room.
The unusual planter and stand really make this stand out and raise this shorter than average indoor tree up to eye level.
Quick Fact: This tree comes complete with artificially variegated leaves and olives. If you’ve got small children, you want to make sure they don’t stick the olives in their mouths.
1. Really striking design
2. The leaves are incredibly realistic and make it feel like you’ve brought the Mediterranean home with you
3. The planter is well-designed and very stable
1. A little on the expensive side
2. The packaging was damaged when we received ours
3. Needs reshaping when unpacked and this is quite time consuming
Final Thoughts On The Best Artificial Trees For Indoors
If you’re searching for inner peace then you really ought to consider investing in one of our top picks for the very best artificial trees for indoors.
They really do help to reduce your stress levels and make you feel good and they require no real maintenance.
You might also want to try using a kotatsu and getting a better night’s sleep if you want to keep stress permanently at bay.